Puppet Fundamentals (3-days)
In Puppet Fundamentals students will learn the right way to manage an infrastructure.
Students will start by installing Puppet Enterprise, then learn Puppet best practices and use Puppet to write simple
classes, and update and extend existing modules. Puppet Fundamentals is taught through a combination of lecture
and relevant, real world, hands-on exercises.
Duration Training Puppet Fundamentals
After completing this course, students will be able to deploy basic system configurations using best practices for Puppet in a Master-Agent setup.
In this course, we expect students to have little to no experience with Puppet Enterprise (or Puppet Open Source) and are looking to build a foundation for future growth, experience, and knowledge.
The core concepts for the Puppet DSL, including:
- Modules and Classes
- Language Constructs
- Separating logic from presentation by using Templates
- Modelling repeatable portions of your configuration by using Defined Resource Types
Building a foundation for building more complex configurations by using Advanced Classes:
- Parameterized Classes
- Introduction to Inheritance
- Introduction to Data Separation using Hiera
- Revisiting Classification using parameterized classes & ADB
- An introduction to using modules from the Puppet Forge and Supported Modules
- A brief introduction to the Roles and Profiles design pattern.
€ 1995 Euro (excluding VAT/BTW)