Puppet Practitioner (3 days)
This course is offered both in-person and virtually. The full course schedule, including virtual classes, is available below.
In this three-day course, students will design, build, and extend modules from the Forge and learn best practices for implementing roles & profiles in their infrastructure. After completing this course, students will show a mastery of the Puppet language and problem solving techniques based on Puppet best practices.
- Advanced Puppet language constructs to write more elegant code
- Using data structures to create resources programmatically
- Using custom facts to expose information about nodes
- Module design concepts and best practices
- Methods for testing Puppet code and infrastructure
- Understanding the difference between Puppet tasks and Puppet modules
- Troubleshooting techniques and standard log files
- The roles & profiles design pattern and benefits
- Different methods for managing portions of files
- Contributing modules to the community via the Puppet ForgeSharing functionality between classes using inheritance
In this course, we expect attendees to have a solid understanding of configuration management strategies. Students should have either taken Puppet Fundamentals or Getting Started with Puppet and have 6+ months of experience using Puppet.