Introduction into Blockchain
The goal of this one day course is to bring all participants up to the basic level of DLT understanding. It starts with a refresher of distributed systems, especially focusing on the problem of how to achieve consensus on replicated, shared data. Building upon these basics the blockchain technology is introduced. This includes its different flavors (private vs. public, permissionless vs. permissioned), key elements (i.a. genesis block, block, transaction, consensus algorithms). Then blockchain technology is compared to other related technologies to highlight the differences and understand the technology’s full potential. Having a common understanding the rest of the day focuses on use cases for blockchain technology across industries.
What is the duration of the course
For (senior) management, business developers / analysts, innovation managers and consultants. A technical background or knowledge is not required. The nature of the training is “understandable technical”.
In this training, the following topics are covered:
- Refresher of distributed systems
- Blockchain introduction
- Introduction in different elements of the Blockchain
- Platforms Hyperledger Fabric and Ethereum on a high level (no coding involved)
By the end of the course successful learners will be able to:
- Understand blockchain technology and its building blocks like transactions, consensus algorithms and smart contracts.
- Learn about potential use cases of blockchain technology in different industries
- Understand where blockchain technology can add value and where not
- Learn about the major platforms Hyperledger Fabric and Ethereum on a high level (no coding involved)