Training Puppet Architect (2 Days)
In Puppet Architect students will learn how to design their own infrastructure and define their own right way to implement Puppet.
Students will use advanced Puppet DSL techniques affecting how modules are architected. Students will learn classification and data lookup techniques, and will be able to determine the most efficient and extensible architecture to scale Puppet to their own needs.
After completing this course students will show a mastery of the Puppet DSL and common design patterns providing them with solutions for problem solving techniques and a better understanding of Puppet Best Practices.
After completing this course students will be able to architect a robust Puppet infrastructure integrated with external tooling and scale up to meet growing business demands. They will be able to evaluate design patterns and workflow alternatives and develop policies that work well for their own organization.
The course is designed for site architects and DevOps professionals with a solid understanding of configuration management strategies and sysadmin skills. Understanding the Puppet DSL is useful, but mastery is not required.
You should have take Puppet Fundamentals or have 3+ months of experience using Puppet.
The core concepts for the Puppet DSL, including:
- Designing and implementing an efficient development workflow.
- Designing complex Hiera datasource hierarchies.
- Sharing data between nodes via exported resources.
- Using MCollective from the command line to automate infrastructure orchestration.
- Estimating the number of nodes their Master(s) can support.
- Using r10k to automate Puppet code deployment.
- Dynamic provisioning strategies providing for rapid infrastructure scaling.
- Designing a scaled architecture for their infrastructure.
- Managing multiple Puppet environments in an effective manner.
- Interacting with the Puppet Master using the REST APIs.
- The underlying message passing protocol that MCollective is built on.
- Scaling the ActiveMQ messaging bus.
- Integrating Puppet with external tools via Hiera backends, report processors, etc.
€ 1495 Euro (excluding VAT/BTW)